If you've ever taken a cruise or traveled to Alaska, you may recognize this place.
From sea level in Skagway, Alaska, the White Pass & Yukon railway climbs an incredible 3000 feet in just 20 miles, and all the way to the peak of the Continental Divide – which also forms the natural border between Alaska in the US, and Canada's Yukon. The train began as a route for aspiring gold prospectors to reach the Klondike Gold Rush in the Yukon in the 1890's. Today, it's a stunning way to appreciate Alaska's inland scenery and the shared history between our two countries.
By: Lynn Elmhirst, Producer/ Host, BestTrip TV
I love this BestTrip TV video, and the heartwarming US/Canadian border at the summit in the middle of the Northern wilderness. For me, it's a symbol of the incredible relationship between the United States and Canada.
It's a relationship we may all take it for granted, so here are a few quite remarkable achievements no two other countries can claim:
- We are each other's largest trading partners.
- We have the good fortune to be able to share the longest, undefended border in the world.
- We have a long history as strong allies and having each other's backs on the world stage.
- We've been called neighbors, cousins, even countries that act like brother and sister.
- The United States and Canada even have birthdays just days apart. Canada Day falls on July 1st and just three days later, Americans mark Independence Day on the 4th of July. None of our countries' founders planned it this way of course, but those dates also conveniently today kick off summer vacation season.
So this newsletter is dedicated to staycations - trips around the corner or across the border.
- Maybe you want that holiday, but want to avoid a flight – or at least a long flight and jet lag.
- Maybe you just need a break and an 'easy button' travel solution close to home, especially if you have group or family logistics to manage.
- Maybe you want your travel budget to support the local economy.
- Or you've 'done it all' abroad, and are seeking unique travel experiences you've missed here.
- And maybe a staycation gives you an excuse to try something new, like a river cruise, or an escorted, active, luxury vacation in your own backyard to see if it's a travel style you enjoy before venturing overseas.
Whatever your reasons for thinking of a staycation, we've found lots of inspiration, motivation and ideas for all of us to dedicate travel to exploring our own American and Canadian backyards.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Where do you want to go?
You Should See
Related to North America Anywhere
- This City Gets Another Designer Parking Garage - Yes, 'Park-itecture' is a Thing
- 3 New Cruise Line Private Islands
- 8 Facts About the Panama Canal
- Ponies and 3 More Reasons to Visit Scotland's Shetland Islands
- Discover Tropical Romance in 3 Overwater Bungalow Resorts on the Caribbean Sea
- Where's the Best Place to be on National Cake Day?